- Are you an Awesome Housekeeper who takes pride in your work?
- Do you enjoy making rooms special for guests?
- Do compliments from guests make you want to come back the next day and do it all over again?
- Are you tired of the big hotel grind?
- Do you wish you could feel like a part of the family, not just another staff member?
The Fairview might be just the place for you
We are a small, 6 room, family owned and operated Bed & Breakfast. Visit our website at http://fairviewaustin.com to see what we look like. We’re new, but in the 20 months that we’ve been open, we have gotten rave reviews from our guests and are now ranked #2 on TripAdvisor’s list of 41 B&Bs / Inns in Austin. Check the reviews for yourself – just visit TripAdvisor.com and search for The Fairview in Austin, TX.
Awesome, not Perfect!
How did we earn such a great reputation in such a short time? We aim for Awesome, not Perfect! Perfection can never be met while Awesome is a goal that can actually be achieved.
- We are demanding but we’re not nitpickers. We will work with you so that you learn our standards and help you to achieve our awesome levels of quality and service.
- Communication is key, both with us and with our guests. All of our staff speak English and enjoy interacting with guests.
- We will need your active participation. We have learned a lot from our head housekeeper because she is not afraid to tell us when she knows a better way. We expect you to tell us what you think as well and we will listen to your suggestions.
- You must be able to accept constructive feedback. Not everyone knows how we do things from the start and we can all learn by listening to others.
Housekeeping Jobs Currently Open
We are seeking part time to near full time housekeepers to join our team. Some experience is preferred. Hours will vary between 20 and 40 a week depending on how busy we are. In general the work day is from 8:30am to 2:00pm but can range from 4 hours to 7 hours a day and from 4 to 6 days a week. We may not know the schedule very far in advance so we need someone who is ok with some unpredictability. Depending on each employee’s availability and how full we are we need a team of 3 to 4 housekeepers year round. Our team is small and everyone works together well.
What we Offer
We pay a competitive hourly rate with weekly direct deposit. You will earn one week paid time off each year, plus we pay 5 holidays in December (based on each employee’s average work day). We sometimes pay bonuses when our occupancy rates are high and the workload is more demanding on our team.
We have great coffee, tea, and sparkling water available all day long. We bake something fresh for our guests every morning like muffins, scones, or coffee cake. Sometimes when there are extras you can have some too.
Most important, we offer a respectful and friendly workplace.
Main job tasks and responsibilities
- Respond to all guests efficiently and in an appropriately friendly manner
- Clean guest rooms including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting
- Remove dishware and glassware from guest rooms and return them to the kitchen for cleaning
- Complete an in-room checklist for each room cleaned or tidied
- Remove dishes and leftovers from Dining Room after breakfast
- Wash breakfast dishes and put them away
- Ensure all housekeeping equipment is kept in good working order
- Maintain public spaces and exterior of the property on a daily basis
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas
- Laundry – wash, dry, iron, & fold all linens used
- Assist with special projects such as deep cleanings, mattress rotations, etc.
- Maintain constant communication between and among staff regarding room status, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety throughout the property
- Maintain awareness of security issues
- Ensure all security policies are observed and guest privacy is maintained
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Be able to speak, read and write in English
All new housekeeping jobs start with a 2 week training period and then a 2 week trial period. At the end of those 4 weeks we will jointly determine whether The Fairview is the right workplace and has the right culture for you.
A high school diploma is not required.
Eligible to Work
All employees must be eligible to work in the U.S. We verify your employment eligibility with E-Verify and may do other background or reference checks.
Think you’re a fit for The Fairview?
If you take pride in your housekeeping skills, if you enjoy helping guests have a great stay, if you think a flexible schedule might be a positive way to work, . . .
. . . if you know that you can be Awesome!
If you are interested in applying for one of our housekeeping jobs, please contact us about visiting The Fairview and meeting our team. Email us at email@example.com or call any day between 9am and 6pm at 512-402-6214.